Thursday, December 29, 2011

Prayers

I have a lot to explain so I think I'll just put it as a blog.
An update to our never ending miscarriage saga (going on since September)... my levels have remained the same after a week of chemo, so my doctor is now moving on to a different drug and it's an IV one. So tomorrow I'll go in for a PICC line (basically a more permanent IV line). I'll go in every day this week for about an hour and do at least two rounds, every other week. He's still thinking it's a PSTT-placental site trophoblastic tumor or placental cancer. Different form a molar but still in the gestational trophoblastic tumor category. If this doesn't work, they will go to a more serious chemo drug (8 drug therapy). If that doesn't, hysterectomy.
A lot to deal with but I have to look at Dalton and realize he is a miracle. He came into my life at the perfect time. Jack has been amazing. I can't ask for a better family. I'm just trying to focus on the first treatment and go from there. Thank you for the prayers and encouragement.
Here is an article that explains the whole GTD thing well... http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003104-pdf.pdf
I'm trying to think up a funny acronym for PICC line but I can't right now. I'll let you know when I do. I'm welcome to any that you think up.

No comments: