 |
| Obviously these are not the ones for dad. I couldn't find them in all these boxes around my house and wasn't about to try. |
I forgot to mention a couple more details to dad's party just in case anyone needs ideas. I was in charge of decor and invites. The invitations were set up like mission impossible file folders. I got the idea from
Ohhappyday blog where she got them from
DIY invites. They were really easy. I just got a pack of black cardstock from michaels, folded in half, and cut one side to look like a file flap. I printed the invite details on plain white paper printed from my printer, cut to fit in the file, and clipped on with gold paper clips I bought at staples. My co-worker randomly had brought a confidential stamp to work that day. Weird. I got a gold stamp pad and stamped the front with confidential and a vandy star. Viola! I think they only cost me about $8 for 50 invites.
For the center pieces, I found a fabulous roll of gold wrapping paper at Michaels. I just stumbled upon it while trying to get ideas. It is in the wrapping paper section and is actually thicker and sturdier than wrapping paper. It pretty much was wallpaper. I just cut 1 to 1 1/2 inch strips and taped to different sized mason jars and clear vases, then I added tea lights. Easy. (I've have sensed used these for my bday party and now have them out for christmas)
The happy birthday banner that was in the previous post was just precut stars I found at party city and I added letter glitter stickers. I strung them on black twine and that was it.
No comments:
Post a Comment