Monday, December 5, 2011

She said corn. Ha.

I made a fabulous corn pudding for Thanksgiving from Southern Living's Christmas Magazine from last year. I thought I would pass it along. Serves 8 and it is not healthy, but it was first to be gone at dinner. It was a hit even though a 1/4 of it spilled in the car on the way there and my mother-in-law thought I said 400 degrees instead of 350. You can't mess this up, people!
Tee's Corn Pudding
12-13 ears fresh corn, husks removed
1/4 c sugar
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
6 large eggs
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup butter, melted
Preheat oven 350. Cut kernels from cobs into large bowl (about 6 cups). Scrape milk and remaining pulp from cobs, discard cobs.
Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients. Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, and butter in a large bowl. Gradually add sugar mixture to egg mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13X9 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes.

No comments: