We have also been busy working on the house again! Hooray. I have recently been itching for my house to be in order and to have pictures up on the wall. In order for this to happen, I had to make a deadline. Jack is great with deadlines. Once I was back and at 'em, I was able to start painting and caulking/filling holes, etc. again. That I can do. I painted the bathroom, hall, and Jack and I both tackled the kitchen/living room! It feels amazing to finally get everything painted. I took it room by room, did some at night, and during D's nap times. Painting is such an affordable, quick, and easy project that transforms the room.
First up, the bathroom!
| Before: Unfortunate brown |
| Patched drywall. It's been there for a year since Jack patched a leak we found early on upon moving in. |
| AFTER! Pale Silver by Restoration Hardware This was in our former master bath. Why change when you trust a color and love it?! |
| Makes me feel like I'm in a spa (Katie Cowan's beautiful flower fit perfectly in the room) |
Unfortunately, I got attacked by the medical robbers... they took all of our money. More on this later, but we can't do what we had originally planned for this room. This is actually fine, the house is in great shape. The changes we will make are mostly wants, not needs. We will eventually move out the vanity under the window (weird. The things this guy did are very strange and he is horrible at drywall. Reality check!) and put in a double, replace the deep, jet tub (the drain system behind it is whack), and put in a shower. For now, I think the paint did an amazing job!

2 comments:
Looks great! Love the open feel with the vaulted ceilings in the kitchen.
Also, love that D is helping with the construction with tools in the hallway! He is going to be handy like his dad.
Thanks, Lindz! I can tell D already loves to know how things work like his daddy. Can't wait for your visit!
Post a Comment