| Coming home from St. Thomas to our first house |
Today is Jack and I's 8th anniversary. Just wanted to take a minute and talk about Jack. Have you seen Parenthood? If you haven't, you're missing out. It is so good. So good. I identify with it a lot. This season 34 year old, mother of three, Christina Braverman is going through breast cancer. She had surgery, chemotherapy, and a couple of episodes ago shaved her head. Her husband's name is Adam. He's quite the hero of the show. Always doing the right thing and a great husband.
Mine is better. In this situation, I have to say. I'm not claiming we have a perfect marriage, I'm claiming that Jack Barrett was my rock through this past year. Adam Braverman stuck up for Christina at the doctor... Jack went further. He didn't like the doctor at first either. My doctor had my nurse call asking when I wanted the port without even telling me I was going to have chemotherapy. That was not going to fly with Jack. He confronted the doc on it, had an extended list of questions, and made sure I was making the best decision for myself. He never once told me what to do, but gave his opinion, quickly saying he wanted what I thought was best overall. He was my cheerleader. Adam Braverman freaked out when he saw Christina with a bald head (granted she did this in the middle of the night and woke him up. Not a good idea), Jack shaved my head and then told me I was beautiful. Jack is great at words of affirmation.
Jack listened to me cry all the time. He coaxed me to tell him what was wrong when I tried to ignore it. He stayed with me every single time in the hospital on those uncomfortable cots and refused to stay home. He watched Dalton constantly when I needed to lay down. There is no way I could have done it without him and God knew it. 16 years ago God put us into each other's lives. Our reconnection story is a trip, you could not write this stuff, people. This year has revealed yet another reason why Jack is my husband. I would not want to do life with anyone but him. When I consider the hows and why of Jack being in my life, it proves Gods faithfulness.
PS. Parenthood is on Netflix. Watch. It. Now.
1 comment:
So sweet, Cindi. It's been so fun to watch you guys evolve over the years (starting in high school!)
Jack and Cindi 4 eva. Love you.
Post a Comment