![]() |
| so many things to take pictures of and we take this. |
| The classic take your own picture picture. |
![]() |
| I swapped places with my 9 year-old self the next day on the way back. It was weird for Jack. |
First day we walked around the strip to see the lights and ate in the Mirage at the BLT burger place. They had a falafel burger that ways okay, but the sweet potato fries were awesome. Their milk shakes looked insanely good. Too bad we were eating vegan. boo! Lame! hiss!
Saturday we attempted to go to the Stratosphere to ride the rides on the roof but it was too windy. Wish the cabby would have informed us this may have been a possibility before he took us there. "Something I could have known yesterday!" We had a nice walk back because the weather was great and we saw a tumbleweed blowing around with all the nudy cards. Let's take a moment to talk about these nudy cards. What the heck?! And they have this little flip system to hand them out. Girls in 20 minutes. Why is everyone pretending this is okay?!
That night we got to MGM early and walked around, then went to KA, a cirque du soleil show in the category of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. It was amazing. I was extremely tired from the medication, but I perked up after about 20 minutes. Afterwards we went to a sushi restaurant, Shibuya, and cheated from our vegan diet. Our rolls were quite tasty and we got a Saki flyte since the place had the biggest collection of Saki in North America. Whoa, Cindi and Jack ate dinner at 9, then we watched the fountains at Bellagio (amazing!) and the volcano at Mirage (lame!). Watch out you crazy kids.
Sunday I was in a bad way so I slept for a long time (from the medicine, not saki. It wasn't that much!) and Jack picked up breakfast and lunch for us. That afternoon we went to the Titanic and bodies exhibit at the Luxor. The titantic always brings me back to '98 and my friend, Lish, and I are upstairs giggling about Leonardo DiCaprio with Celine Dion repeat. Our boyfriends, Jack and Ty, are downstairs not caring.
The exhibit was great-complete with realistic iceberg and an actual piece of the titantic wall. They give you a passport at the beginning of an actual person on the ship and at the end you find out if they made it. I got a little teary. But hey, I made it! Jack was not so lucky. "Jack! Jack! It's so cold, Jack"
Bodies was also amazing but Jack was not as excited. The fetal and circulation room was the best. I can't describe to you the emotion of the fetal room. Probably not the best idea for me to go in, but I'm glad I did. That room was powerful. Everyone should see it before and after having children. Or if you don't. The whole thing reminded me of nursing school and how much I love medicine. God is brilliant.
That night Jack and I decided to see another cirque du soleil show since we loved it so much. We saw O-this one in water majority of the time. The stage took something like 70 million dollars to build with a pool of water that changes constantly. We were annoyed by a pair of couples that wouldn't stop talking behind us. Then they went to the bathroom and came back with drinks, which they spilled. Nice. A family in front of us ended up leaving early (what is with you people? are you made of money?) so we stole their seats.
Monday was our favorite day because we left Las Vegas and went to the Hoover Dam and Red Rock Canyon. We rented a car and drove to Bolder to take the Dam tour. Afterwards, we went to town and ate at a quaint restaurant with sidewalk seating. Sangria, oh yes I will! Next, we headed to Red Rock Canyon where they had lots of trails and a 13 mile sightseeing drive. I took us on a hike where I kind of lost the trail. After about 40 minutes we realized it and got back on track. Good thing I'm so quick to recover since it's the desert and all.
Overall, we had a great getaway. Lots of sleep and quality time. We won't be returning to Las Vegas ever-just not our bag. I said if I was God, I would get rid of it first. Jack said New Orleans. I dunno, I'd say I was right. Maybe just the US? Ha. I'm glad I'm not God for many reasons.





No comments:
Post a Comment