One week down and it wasn't too bad. Last night was the first of the nausea. They all know me by name at the clinic and I've gotten to know the nurses well. The old ladies pretty much stay quiet and seeing all their husbands asleep in the waiting room is a hoot. They snore and talk in their sleep. Not kidding.
My sister went with me yesterday, which was so sweet and made me dinner. I'm eating vegan now, it's supposed to stop cancer cells from growing. Whatever I can do! I'm doing well on it and not missing the bad stuff too much. I did watch Top chef on Wednesday and they were doing barbecue in Austin at the Salt Lick. I've been there. It's amazing. You order "family style" and they bring brisket, sausage, pulled pork, cole slaw, beans, bread, and pickles. It made me want some brisket, white bread, and lots of barbecue sauce. Mmm. Anyhoo-my sister made me vegan mac and cheese. It was good. I'm teaching my family a lot about eating vegan. My mother-in-law asked me 10 times what I couldn't eat over the holidays. I tried to simplify it by saying anything with a mother or came from an animal with a mother. It can still be confusing. :)
I'm very hopeful today. Maybe it's the weather or that we're going to Las Vegas this weekend, but God has given thanksgiving. I am very thankful for all that I have and I realize me seeing that is from him. I hope he continues to give it to me. I've chosen to read 1000 gifts while I get treatment and this is what I read today:
"We only enter into the full life if our faith gives thanks. Because how else do we accept His free gift of salvation if not with thanksgiving? Thanksgiving is the evidence of our acceptance of whatever He gives. Thanksgiving is the manifestation of our Yes to His grace. Thanksgiving-giving thanks in everything-prepares the way that God might show us His fullest salvation in Christ. The act of sacrificing thank offerings to God-even for the bread and the cup of cost, for cancer and crucifixion-this prepares the way for God to show us his fullest salvation from bitter, angry, resentful lives and from all sin that estranges us from Him. Thanksgiving is what precedes the way for salvation's whole restoration." Praying to accept everything he gives with thanksgiving. He accepted death with thanks. I'm not so bad off.
I'm overwhelmed with the prayers and encouragement I'm receiving from my friends. Thank you for your love.
*posting this is Vegas. Lost my phone yesterday in the cab. Thanksgiving. Loud people next door kept us up. Thanksgiving. :) We are having a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment