Friday, May 27, 2011

Watermelon, watermelon



I'm trying to sing lullabies to Dalton, but the thing is I often don't know the words. I make up stuff... like Baby of Mine. I think I only know "baby of mine". Dalton doesn't know, he thinks it's the most beautiful song in the world, until he starts crying. :)
This is actually a pattern in my music knowledge. I am known to know a lot of songs-I've been challenged to radio wars where I have identify the song/artist (of course this is getting much harder with all these indie artist). The thing is I commonly hear the wrong words and sing them only to be embarrassingly corrected. Hehe. Or I'll be singing and Jack will ask what they just said and I'll be like "I don't know" and he is wandering why am I singing it like I know it. I'm just putting what I think would go if I wrote the song.
When I was little, my family would often drive in the car listening to oldies (to me this may be the best thing ever, something Jack has NEVER done! What?!). I remember one Sunday we were driving and I am singing away "Stop, in the neighborhood before you break my heart". My family roared in laughter. Yes, I was singing the Supreme's song "stop in the name of love". They still bring that up.
On a whole different subject-I follow Joy the Baker and she was talking about her 30 things before turning 30 list. She basically made a list for each number to 30 of things she wants to do. I love lists and they encourage me to accomplish goals so I decided to make a list of 32 things to do before I turn 32. Side note: I had to take a couple minutes to remember how old I was. Oh brother. Here is my list, but I need help with the higher numbers. If you think of any, share share!
1- complete 1 pull-up
2- surprise 2 families with dinner
3-send 3 people flowers
4-buy 4 people coffee
5-purchase 5 albums of new artists or that I don't own
6-enjoy 6 sunsets
7-able to run 7 miles again
8-try 8 new restaurants
9-compliment 9 strangers
10-Read 10 books
11-Tip waiter/waitress 11$ above average tip
12-Give 12 cupcakes to a deserving person
13-Give away 13 items I own
14-Enjoy a $14 bottle of wine with Jack for no reason
15-tell 15 people how much they mean to me
16-Dance for 16 minutes
17-Write 17 random cards or hand written letters
18-Give Jack 18 holes of golf
19-Try 19 new recipes
20-Sit in silence for 20 minutes
21-Stop and tell Jack how much I appreciate him 21 times
22-Pray 22 consecutive days (before eating doesn't count!)
23-Send all 23 immediate family members an acronym of their name saying how much I love them
24-
25-Plant 25 bulbs
26-
27-try 27 new foods
28-take 28 pictures of funny church signs
29-
30-Enjoy a $30 entree
31-
32-Celebrate 32 by telling God how thankful I am

1 comment:

lindz said...

Girl, you have been busy with the posts! I enjoyed getting caught up and having several to read at once. Loving the pictures and all the thoughts on motherhood. Love you!