Thursday, May 5, 2011

One Month!






I can't believe Dalton is one month! It's been really fun getting to know him-the second week was hard. No sleep when I'm used to getting 9 every night and my hormones were a ragin'. Jack and our families have been very helpful. Jack stayed home the first week and my mom the second. His mom has also been over a couple of days. Once my body got used to the interrupted sleep and I figured out I had to nap and take a break, I was much better. But for a minute, it wasn't pretty. Now little DC is sleeping 6 hours straight for the past 5 nights! I can't believe it so hopefully this won't jinks it. He's also smiling at me when I talk to him, I posted a picture of him smiling at Stella. (all the redness is a rash from new detergent. I'm afraid he has my sensitive, pasty white skin :() We love to listen to oldies when we wake up in the morning and the generic lullaby channel on Pandora that plays rock songs. I've heard an Aerosmith and a Metallica song changed to an instrumental lullaby.
Our firsts: visit to Las Palmas, sushi, visit to dee and papaw, trip to the Cabin, Church, NFG, real bath, smile, peeing on daddy, peeing on mary, pooping on mommy.
Many have been asking about the dogs reactions, they mostly just sniff him. Abby hasn't really been interested, but Stella puts her big ol' long nose on him a lot. I think she just wants us to pet her.
Thank you for all of your help, food, the calls, and helpful tips. We love our friends. Friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them. (yes i did)

No comments: