Monday, November 5, 2012

We did it! We did it!

Guys-Give yourself a huge party or a pat on the back. Maybe go get your favorite treat or spend time on your favorite activity because you totally kicked cancer's behind! You prayed, encouraged, and supported your friend through fighting cancer! For reals, we all must celebrate because only us could do it, not just I. I hope God totally treats himself, too, since he is the reason for kicking it to the curb. Maybe he, Jesus, and the HS are giving themselves high fives. Maybe the angels got out the special reserved glitter.
Jack is 2 for 2 on great birthday cake decor!


I had my last treatment on Tuesday and then Jack and I threw a party for me and my friends. Election Bash 2012. I think I did a little too much because I found myself in the ER the next day. Annual tradition! My last birthday party Jack was in the ER to rule out meningitis (thankfully it was mono, but still horrible). I've had a cold since the 24th and it got a lot better, but after my treatment it came back with a vengeance. They told me to call if I had fever, which I had several times but thought it might go away. Well, it didn't and I kind of had a feeling they would send me to the hospital so I waited until after my party. Ha! I know. -side note, nurses make the worst patients. I would never listen to this advice, nor give it. -They wanted to make sure I didn't have pneumonia and the on call doctor was not mine... long story short, I have bronchitis. I'm now on antibiotics and I didn't have to be admitted! Thank goodness. Crisis adverted. I did not want to go to the ER and was tempted to ignore the on call Dr's advice, but I listened not really knowing what Cancer really had up it's sleeve. I feel somewhat better, but hope I feel good as new tomorrow. That's right, it's my birthday. Forget the Election! It's Burgie and Emma Stone's birthday. I knew I liked that girl for some reason.
Jack and I had a blast as a former honest president and his lovely crazy lady. Before I post these magical pictures (the resemblance is uncanny!) this SNL skit is pretty funny with Louis C.K.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/421088?playlist_id=1222

and this Will Ferrell video is funny as well. I might as well encourage you to vote, after all, my birthday is on election day. Pff. Could that not be more ironic!? I hate politics and conflict. I am not a fan of telling you who to vote for, but this video is funny because it's will ferrell.

No comments: