How to throw an Election Bash:
1. Create the invitation. I have gone to Etsy for my last couple invitations. This is the
store where this one was from. She has really cute announcement ones, too.
2. Make them dress up. This is a given. Why is anyone surprised when I have a dress up code? And why do they not adhere to it? Who knows. I don't.
BUT... everyone did such a great job in the costume department!
Here's who we had:
 Jackie O and Marilyn
 |
| Al Gore |
 |
Abraham Lincoln and Mary Todd ( I totally wore
2 petticoats) |
 |
| Monica Lewinsky, Janet Reno, Hilary Clinton |
 |
| Monica and her man |
 |
| Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter |
 |
From Left: Dick Cheney, Laura Bush (traci did you make this up or was this who Beth was?), Monica,
Grace Coolidge, Mary Todd Lincoln, Butterfly Ballot, Ann |
 |
| Calvin and Grace Coolidge |
 |
| Butterfly Ballot (creative!) and Dick Cheney |
 |
A voter (note her sticker) and Dan Qualye (I just gave Charlie this title
I think he said he was just a politician) |
 |
| JFK and Marilyn Monroe |
3. Decor-Get some american flags, red, blue, or white table cloths, and other random american decor. Think 4th of july with history. I hit up the Parent/Teacher store and found some great stuff. Borrow from your friends, they are sure to have random things.
(I tried to hide the construction zones as best I could)
 |
| This flower arrangement was delivered on party day from Lindsey. So lovely! It was perfect. |
 |
Good thing we decided not to sell this eagle in the yard sale. It came into good use.
Traci brought her picture of Reagan's inauguartion. You never know what your friends will have! |
 |
Make a ballot box. I wanted everyone to vote on
favorite costume. I don't think anyone did. Oh well! I'm thinking
Janet Reno may have won for staying in character. |
 |
I found some garland in the clearance section at Papersource
and made the donkey and elephant out of poster board. My
personal favorite decor. Founding father from Parent/teacher store. |
 |
| I had a deck of president cards that I had around. |
 |
| Pinata is a must! Try to break it before everyone leaves. |
 |
| Use your friend's props they brought |
 |
I printed off random presidential quotes.
|
4. Theme Food: Research President's favorite or least favorite food or do a play on words. Surprisingly there were several who loved squirrel soup. Totally should have done that.
 |
| The spread |
 |
| Chickfila goodness or Big Bird strips either will do |
5. Provide a few fun activities:
ALWAYS a pinata-this is what I fill it with
 |
Plastic little alcohol airplane bottles. Add some candy and slappy hands.
|
I also made up a presidential quiz and the ballot box, of course. You may not have to use any of them or use all of them. The quiz was fun! Well, I think.
 |
| Abe and I explaining the quiz |
It was a great time and a wonderful way to celebrate my end of cancer! Thank you for every one who came out! I absolutely love throwing parties.
No comments:
Post a Comment