Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring is my best friend




A new place for Abby and Stella to hang out. They're confused to what's going on.

Dalton likes the new skylight's rays of sunshine (and so does E.T.)
I am loving this warm weather and I'm so happy Spring is here! Jack is continuing to do a lot on the house and we are getting excited. There's something great about seeing spaces transform into something new. Dalton continues to love seeing what Da da is doing next-drilling, hammering, climbing a ladder... I love seeing his eyes go back and forth, you can almost see their minds working. Jack took out the old windows in the future kitchen area to size down for a smaller window to go over the sink. He put in one of the skylights in the future kitchen and there will be one more to go in over the future eat-in area. The natural light makes a huge difference and do I have to tell you that Dalton loves looking at the clouds, no.  We also got a new driveway that you are all now aloud to drive and park on! It's so much more convienent for people to have an easy access to the front door and the dogs can't get to them. It also goes to the back of the house and eventually will be next to the back porch and the mud room entry.
Not having a job will speed up renovation process, why didn't we do this before?! Ha, just kidding. Jack has gotten three job offers in the last week (!) and we are thankful. He's been doing a lot of small jobs for friends, family, and neighbors. Our neighbors next door, who we love, have helped Jack get several jobs since he switched from his own business to a regular job. He no longer has time to do construction work, so he gives the jobs to Jack. We've also had two women drive up to our house to ask who did our front porch and ask if they can hire Jack. Creepy and great all at the same time.
I've been busy cleaning up nails, dry wall dust, and installation from the main floors to keep Dalton from eating them. We are excited about Dalton's one year party coming up... okay, I am. I'm having way too much fun planning it. My friend, Lindsey, is coming in town just for it! I'm also trying to get his last theme picture done this week. Sniff sniff. Anyone have a red hoodie?

No comments: