Sunday, September 18, 2011

Good friends are like homemade samoas

Away from me, you evil temptress
I was in a few pictures but no one told me my cleavage was out of control in my new Target shirt. It may blind your eyes so I will not post it.




Dalton, Mom, and grandmother Jeannie
Lindsey, bff from high school, flew in from New York on a whim (I selfishly believe it was only to meet Dalton). She stayed with me for three blissful nights and I turned her fun, hip, New York schedule into mommy-baby schedule :). I think she got along just fine especially because I let her use our fabulous noise maker. On a site note, this really is the best noise maker around. I loved it so much, I purchased two. One for Daltie, one for us. I digress... so I made Lindsey homemade Samoas. I originally saw them on pinertest (time sucker!) and had to make them. Lindsey made me homemade pop tarts, it was only appropriate. These are very decadent, but worth it. May I say they have a lot of butter in them because the cookie itself is like a shortbread cookie. Cookies dipped in chocolate, topped with a coconut caramel sauce, and drizzled in chocolate. Shame on me. I toasted the whole bag of coconut, which turned out to be a delicious treat and topping for the rest of the week. Lindsey and I tried it on yogurt, cereal, ice cream, the possibilities are endless. Here is the recipe from once upon a plate.

2 comments:

lindz said...

I pretty much did just come to town to meet Dalton. :) So you can rest easy... Already planning a visit for his 1st birthday (and the holidays, of course).

lindz said...

PS, my hair looks terrible in these photos, but I would like everyone to know I got a haircut this week and it looks 3030498 times better.