This past weekend, Jack and I got to get away to Atlanta. I stayed with my friend, Laurie, and her husband, Jonathan, and two daughters, Elise and Audrey (she has another one to come in November!). Laurie was a dear friend at Auburn that I met when I went to China my sophomore summer of college. I then got to know her even better when we roomed together my senior year. She is very good at keeping up with her friends, even with juggling a family. I would describe her as a great encourager, witty, and sincere. It was great catching up and being with her girls and Jonathan. Jack and I also saw my friend, Melanie and her two boys. Mel is also a great Auburn friend, I met her at RUF and roomed with her my Sophomore year. Anytime I see Mel again, it's like we've left off when we last saw each other. No one else can make me laugh like Melanie and she is so talented. In fact, she was sewing Huxley's monster costume when I arrived. It was such a great chance to see friends, but I wish it would have been longer.
On Saturday, Jack and I headed to Lynchburg, TN to tour the Jack Daniels Distillary. We arrived on the main road to find a loooong line of traffic to the Distillary and we found out it was the Annual National BBQ cookoff. Just as we were about to call it a day and try again later, we found a parking spot. Good thing we did, because it turned out to be a great day. Our tour guide was absolutely hilarious and we had some good BBQ. (Notice the original safe that Jack kicked, which it turn got infected and he died later from gangrene. )
No comments:
Post a Comment