Sorry I haven't posted my levels for last week! You know I would have posted sooner if they had been zero... they were 5.5. Although they had said previously that I could stop after 5, now my doctor wants it to be 2. I got my blood drawn this morning for this week, so I will find out Thursday and let you know!
On another note, Jack and I have been doing Body for Life for the past 12 weeks. I just wanted to tone up and it was a great opportunity to become more disciplined in what I eat (I was not being very disciplined!). I also was excited to do it with Jack. For those who don't know, it is a 12 week process of combining workouts and a healthy eating regimen. You work out 6 times a week, cardio 3 and weights 3. You eat 6 times a day, 1 carb and 1 protein for each meal and veggies twice a day. One day a week is a free day, anything you want to eat and no workout. Jack and I would go to the grocery store together every Sunday night and plan the week. We worked out some together, depending on if he was getting up super early (I don't do super early=)). So on this past friday we did our final weigh in's and body compositions. I am so proud of Jack, he lost 15 lbs. and 3% body fat! He looks great! I lost 10 lbs, 3% body fat, and 12 inches from my arms, hips, and waist. It was hard at times, some days you just wanted a krispy kreme donut! Mostly it wasn't bad, we even found that when we did eat those cravings, it wasn't that good or it would make us feel horrible. It was good to become conscious of what that bad stuff did to your body and have some sort of discipline on it. At first I was frustrated that the weight wasn't coming off fast enough, but by week 7 and 8 I felt great and stronger than ever! I just wanted to encourage those who feel like their eating has gotten out of control or just want to eat a little healthier, this is a great way to go. The discipline can even spill over into other areas of your life-spiritual, tv watching (for me).
One other area of news-Jack turned 30 last tuesday! We went to dinner with his parents at Sperry's and had a joint birthday dinner with my sister at my parents. We also went to the lake this past weekend at Rock Island with some friends (he is starting to have his own little birthday week). He says he's old, I say he is getting wiser! Here are a few pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment