Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The perfect "pick me up"

Another review, that's right, didn't I say Cindi loves to try new places and SHARE her experiences! The latest place I visited is the Perch, in Brentwood, next to the Walgreens on Franklin Rd/Old Hickory Blvd. The owners also own the Skinbar next door which ties into the coffee shop. The building is precious and tiny, fits about 5 tables inside, but also has outdoor seating. The store has dark wood tables and little "perched" birds on the wall. There's also a cute little bird in the corner sipping coffee (you know how I love it when animals do human things). The BEST part about this place, besides the quaintness of it all, is the crepes, that's right, crepes. They have sweet and savory crepes that are made infront of your eyes and lots of yummy coffee to chose from (coffee with hazelnut, vanilla, and toffee all in the same cup!). The guys behind the counter were super nice and asked what my plans were for the day. I revealed that I had just finished a huge final and this was my celebratory plans. They both had goofy grins on their faces, like they enjoyed their job and loved where they worked.
I immediately decided to get a sweet crepe because my tastebuds haven't had much of that in the past 10 weeks. I was torn between the sugar,cinnamon, and butter crepe, the natella and banana crepe, or the jam crepe. I decided to go with apricot and peach crepe and a mocha. My eye was also drawn to the apple and brie crepe, but I'll save that for next time. Once my crepe got there, it looked delicious but didn't have silverware. That's when the owner immediately spied me searching and brought me a knife, fork, and napkin-how sweet!
The crepe was PERFECT. Nice and delecate, slighly spongy goodness with apricot, peach jam. YUM! The mocha was delicious, too. The coffee tasted bold, but not burnt tasting, as Starbucks tends to be.
I have to give the Perch 5 out of 5 stars. It was a perfect reward to a hard days work. Check out the Nashvillest review.

No comments: