Monday, August 20, 2012

Thankful, yet scared

Hey friends-would love your prayers this week. Dalton is still not doing great, another breakout of eczema. I'm starting him with a pediatric dermatologist at Vanderbilt, but can't get an appointment until November. In the meantime, I'm praying he gets some relief. I would greatly appreciate your prayers for patience and insight on this. I'm a little bit at the end of my rope and just want him to have a normal childhood.
Also, my hcg beta levels are up again. They have been fluctuating, but in the last four weeks they've continued to rise. I got an ultrasound on Friday, which looked normal, and I get an MRI and chest xray tomorrow. I didn't share the news earlier because I wasn't quite sure of what it meant but it is serious. I meet with my doctor on Wednesday to discuss the next treatment option. I'm positive it will mean more chemotherapy. Pray they will be wise in their treatment, as well as Jack and I, and that it won't be too painful. There are a lot of unknowns right now, but we definitely need the prayers. I'll continue to update you.
So thankful for this little guy. Often overwhelmed by the gift God gave us.

Thankful for friends and chocolate dipped paletas

Nuff said (new kitchen cabinets behind!)

And paddleboarding. Ahh, relaxing.
We finished dry wall and paint on our basement, I will post pictures soon. Our neighbors will be moving in with us for a short time, which I'm starting to think is perfect timing because I'm going to need some help! Love you all. Thanks for voting on the t-shirt colors!

3 comments:

lindz said...

I often find I check your blog right after you've posted something. Coincidence? I think not. I will be throwing big prayers up for you and Dalton. Hopefully something opens for him much sooner than November, and you get some better news soon. Big hugs to the Barrett family today.
Love you, friend.
Bink.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you friend. My heart is aching for you guys, I hate that you are STILL facing this big unknown (both for you and for Dalton). So hard.

I'm just blown away that despite going through all this, you keep on serving others (including me) & doing things to make people feel cared for. It is truly striking to see.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to return the favor...I would love to watch Daltie or bring over a meal or something.
Traci

Mary Jane said...

Lots of prayers for the Barrett family. Thanks for the update Cindi!
P.S. I love Dalton's red shoes.