a little blog about my random thoughts, events, and how God has inspired me to experience more...
Friday, June 1, 2012
Great news
I have quiescent gestational trophoblastic disease and I have non-invasive syncytiotrophoblast cells! Basically, my mass is benign. We are relieved for this answer to prayer. I got a very long letter from the specialist on Thursday saying to "stop chemotherapy" and that "commonly after 4-6 months these remaining cells will die off or undergo apoptosis". They do give a disclaimer that they could come back and would require treatment (10%), but for now they do not. We continue to make pleas with the Lord that this would be the end of this ordeal. I can definitely do blood draws for as long as it takes compared to chemo. They do think it will be about 18 months-I'm fine with this. I am just thankful for my health and for Dalton. Now I can continue to go to the pool with Dalton (that was one of my biggest fears) and stop running up our medical bills! Ha.
"Alright, now that the popsicle's melted we've got ourselves a tongue depressor" Dr Spaceman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is such wonderful news!!!! Despite the fact that I have no idea what it means to have "quiescent gestational trophoblastic disease and non-invasive syncytiotrophoblast cells", I am happy because you used the word benign and that's all i heard and understood! To call what you've been through an ordeal is the understatement of the year, i hope this means the end is truly coming. I love you friend and am so happy you got some great news.
-Traci
So glad no chemo AND lots of pool trips are happening in your future. Love you and elated to hear this news.
Lindz
Post a Comment