Saturday, June 30, 2012

It's all happening

Things are really crankin' over here at the Barretts. Which is pretty much the standard these days. Dalton did have a horrible bout of sickness, but he is doing tons better thanks to firing his doctor and moving on to a dermatologist. Oh, and God! I prayed every night over Dalton while putting him to bed for God to heal him or at least help us understand what is going on. I just still am amazed at how sweet and calm he is while having such a hard time. It's been a long time coming for him to get relief and I just got to the end of my rope. We are so thankful for some relief for him. He's amazing and such a huge blessing. It's the worst thing in the world watching him suffer.
On a very much different note, we officially mailed in our adoption application! After much praying, research, and bugging a few friends with questions, we have made the big move. It really all started in my heart a long time ago-I'd say when I was a teenager- to adopt. With Jack, we have always talked about it and started the questions before Dalton was born. Now, it's really here. It's strange, but exciting, scary, but hopeful. I will try to create some timeline like other adoption blogs, but I may not. I will keep you updated though. Adoption is a huge world. Even knowing a little information from Hope Clinic, I knew nothing. It has been quite a huge deal sifting through international, domestic, agency, non-agency, etc. I just am praying for God to lead us and I know he will. It's wonderful that he already knows our child and will work out all the details. First we have to get a home study, which sounds frightening but everyone has told me it's no big deal. "Did I mention we're renovating and that we have a scary guard dog that really acts like a scaredy cat?" They tell me this is all fine. But we are a little worried, so I hope it all goes well. Of course, finances are always in my mind especially being we've had the hardest financial year of our lives. Could we have more medical ordeals?! I do believe he's calling us to it and I'm hoping he will provide (I've already thought of several fundraising ideas and this is not a hint to get you to give, I'm just sharing struggles!).
PS. I also started watching Vampire Diaries on Netflix. Yes, I did. And I don't regret it.
Jack turned 33! I made him his favorite, steak. 
Birthday gift! We are out there a lot now. Perfect at night.


Dalton continues to have the best time with his neighbor friend, Amelia. So cute.
(He's also trying to learn not to hit people, thus the hitting reference)

No comments: