Monday, February 27, 2012

House progress

Since Jack has more time these days (see previous post) we are getting a lot of work done on the house. The past two weekends we put on the front porch. Our friend, Richard, offered to help Jack build the porch and special thanks to Katie for giving up help on a Saturday! They did a great job and Dalton loved watching them from the bay window. The framers and roofers came the next weekend and finished yesterday. Completely changes the look of the house. Some of my friends thought trailer before, new house now! I know the whole neighborhood is thankful we are putting this ugly house out of it's misery. Everyone slows down as they pass and we've even gotten a couple "looks good" shout outs.

Before



After! Next up-paint, stain, landscaping! It's going to be mind blowing. People's heads may fly off.
Jack is currently building the kitchen cabinets, which I call phase one. We will also put in brick where all the white siding currently resides and then paint! I'm going to get samples this week to try out-maybe I'll post and get a vote.
My project is a garden! I've been wanting to do one for a while but we didn't have a spot at the old house that got enough sun. I'm going to try my hand at it this spring. I planted pepper, tomato, and brussel sprout seeds that I got from Home Depot. They are the Martha Stewart organic ones. I'll also try lettuce, squash, and beans that I will plant along with the others after tax day. Wish me luck! I'm starting small that way if it totally fails, I won't be too upset.

No comments: