Monday, February 9, 2009

grammy's

Some of you have asked why I haven't been blogging... well it's simple. I've been busy and lazy. I know, it's no excuse, but it's true. In addition to working, doing my practicum, and classes, I also have to watch Lost, The Bachelor, and The Office. I'll try to make no more excuses.

So I was watching the Grammy's and just wanted to comment. Please let me know your thoughts as well! Random thoughts, sorry.
So it started out with U2, which of course the performance was great, but I'm not so sure about their new song. I need more insight, I guess. Get on your boots. Your sexy boots. 
I loved that Jennifer Hudson won R&B and her performance was great. The choking up at the end got me. I'm surprised she sang that song because of the recent trauma she's experienced. I admit I like them to get choked up. It's a moment of vulnerability. It's also good tv.
JT and Al green were  entertaining, especially with Keith on the guitar. And Nicole, don't think I didn't see you out in the audience looking all beautiful. Stop hiding from me in Nashville and see me already! ( I promise I'm not a stalker)
Coldplay. What can you say? They are freakin' amazing. 
Carrie U, stop wearing those pageant outfits. Your guitar chick was awesome. I want to be that bad-ass.
I'm all for helping the kids out, but why did Stevie Wonder sing with the Jonas Brothers? Did his label make him? A couple of the Jonas Brothers got a little too carried away with the vocals. I have to admit I don't listen to any of their music so I can't cast judgement. 
I was thrilled to see Alison and Robert won duo, I love that album and I have always adored Alison. She seemed a little sad and I thought it was weird she didn't thank anyone. Did she have a falling out with Robert? Was she over winning since she's won the most grammy's out of anyone? Round two of awards she also didn't say a word and let that weird tall guy say some lame statement.
Mmm. 
Confused on Kid Rock... that sweet home alabama song gives me the willies every time I hear it. "smokin' funny things..." I always think of one of Jack's co-workers who said, "this is the best song ever!". Ever?! 
Katy Perry. Hmm. Wasn't impressed with the dancing in her usual one piece retro look, this time with fruit on it. For me, this is hard to appreciate. Lots of fluff, little substance.
Did anyone notice Natalie Cole's dress? Interesting. 
Adore Adele and I was so glad to see her win. Her sound is beautiful and classic. Her acceptance speech was so cute.
Comments on Sugarland? I think Jennifer has a good voice and her speech was funny and raw. I think sometimes she over sings... is it just me? 
I love Dave Grohl.
Radiohead was fantastic. I will put it as Gweneth did right before she winked at Chris in the audience, "the most influential, adventurous, and thoroughly artistic groups of all time... the udderlly brilliant Radiohead".  How cool would it be to be in the USC band and play with Radiohead? Now that's supporting the kids in the right way.
Now everybody...  Sweet Caroline, ba ba ba. Good times never seemed so good, so good so good... He's still got it! 
I would love to see my pregnant friends in such a mickey mouse outfit as MIA when 9 months pregnant. Impressive. I would also like them to lip sync a rap as well.
I'm glad to see Robin Thicke out besides on The Bachelor. 
I've always wondered what the musicians think about the other fellow musicians, especially while they are performing... like what does Trace Adkins think of TI, Jay Z, Kayne, and Lil' Wayne rapping "swagger like us"? What does Casting Crowns think of Katy Perry's "I kissed a Girl"? 
Third time was a charm. Allison spoke. She does like Robert and taught him to sing in straight lines instead of all that twirly stuff. ha. I wish it had been a tie between them and Radiohead, but all is well.

1 comment:

lindz said...

Yay cindi's back on the bloggy scene. I hope to see a blog on the oscar thoughts in the near future.