I have what I call my "life list"... things I want to accomplish in my life and then I have seasonal lists. About two years ago I found a clipping from Real Simple that encouraged the readers to list what they've accomplished in life, things you've thought about doing, and all my possibilities. It was set up like a bulls eye, the things you've accomplished in the center. There was also a part for sort of a warm-up list for leaving the comfort zone. Some people naturally step out of their comfort zone, but that has always brought anxiety to me. It's not that I didn't do it, but sometimes it would create such tension in my mind and body. So about two years ago, God has transformed my fear of inferiority and has joined me in the possibility of failure! (this is a whole other post)
So I pulled out my "bulls eye" seasonal list from last year and I completed 6 out of 9! The ones I completed:
1. travel to a different country (went to Africa)
2. 2 week mission trip (africa)
3. learn to golf (took golf lessons, still need to play for real)
4. play tennis (done with Jack)
5. run a race (i've since run 5)
6. spin class (i've been lots when I was training for the triathalon)
I encourage you to make your own. Especially if you're a list maker like I am.
Here's the list to warm you up to leaving your comfort zone, you just fill in the blank:
try____
see____
taste____
listen to ____
visit____
start_____
stop_____
organize_____
read______
play______
learn____
No comments:
Post a Comment