Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Summa summa summertime. I just sit back and unwind

Well, not always unwinding.
Can I tell you something? Sometimes I'm lazy. Not not hard working lazy, but I'm not in the details, lazy (unless it's a party or some kind of authority is over me, like school). Two reasons I'm telling you this:
One-Jack got a new email through Lipscomb which is linked to gmail so I can't go straight to blogger as normal without going through 5 steps to login. I see it happen and just shut her down. Lazy. It took me 30 seconds to get this set up.
Two-Reader is no longer. Therefore, I have not been keeping up with my friend's blogs. This has somehow pushed me out of the blogging hemisphere. Lazy. I just signed up on feedly. So far, I like it.
I hope you still love me.
SO on to my blog entry. It's been since May! I'll just post a summary of my summer. Like school!
My Summer was perfect because it was NORMAL! Normal. We've had a *somewhat* normal life. It's been amazing. Highlights:
*My parents lived in our basement for 2 months. They sold their house early and hadn't found one yet. It was really enjoyable and helpful (hello, leave the house and give them the monitor!). I'll cherish that time they were here.
*Our friends, the Davies, lived in our basement for 2 weeks about 1 week after our parents left. The Davies have lived here for 5 years for Judd's residency and were returning to Nebraska. They've been a part of our neighborhood group at church. We really miss them. Dalton really enjoyed having them here but I think Caroline and Meredith were so-so thrilled. He is still talking about how they slept downstairs. Also, Traci is hilarious and you'll enjoy reading her blog.
*Of course, I've helped throw several parties and I'll post details about those.
*My brother, niece, and nephew came to visit for about 2 weeks and I hadn't seen him for 2 years. My brother is super sweet and in my opinion, the best brother a sister could have.
*We went to my in-law's cabin in McMinnville a ton. It's heavenly.
*Pool, splash park, park and repeat.
*my blood levels have been normal all summer and I am down to every other month. I have only 2 more to go! I had my one year anniversary of being cancer free on September 18th. I can't believe it's been that long, but then again I can.
*I got my port out in August! WOO HOO. Can I get a holla?!
*Jack finished his 3 month program to get his CPA. I'm very proud of him and he worked hard. He also got a new job at a CPA firm in Maryland Farms. He takes his first test of four for the CPA this month.
Here are a lot of pictures since I have 4 months to catch you up on-

We sold the jeep. It was sad for both Jack and Dalton

Yay for weddings to bring in out of town guests! Mary's sister, Jordan, got married. Mary
sang, it was gorgeous.


Um, this picture kills me. I love how they are smiling at dalton. This is my nephew and his friends.
Of course, Dalton adores him.



Sprinklers!

Jack's birthday

We hit up Chattanooga for the day for Jack's birthday.

Dalton and Lee Lee (jack's mom)

Oh, rainforest cafe. 

My crazy family minus the husbands/wife.

More cousin fun time with Rowan, Tavin, and Cooper.

My beautiful nieces. Rowan and Grace


Bff Amelia





Dalton started mothers day out! It's magical.

Lots of fishing

Our church group's babies (in order of age) on the beautiful quilts my friend, Anna, made for everyone.
Of course, we had to make her one for her sweet baby and Kate did an amazing job, too!
From left to right: Hayes, Jane, Lilian, Caroline, Dalton, Emmett, George, Meredith, Evie, Ellen, and Ouisey

3 comments:

Katie said...

Glad you're back! I did the same thing when Reader quit. That picture of Dalton and the fish is AWESOME. Looks like it should be a stock image in a picture frame because he is so classicaly cute.
Love the Barretts!

lindz said...

1) Hot wedding photo!
2) Rowan and Grace have grown into such lovely ladies! I can hardly believe it.
3) Thanks for the heads up about feedly. I intend to start back to blogging very soon!

lindz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.