I decided to try egg since he's turned 2, suggested by his doctor. It was a complete epic Fail. An hour later, he was sneezing, coughing, wheezing, and throwing up. After two bites. Not surprised! Good thing I didn't have a lot riding on it. The bad part was all the wheezing because something besides the egg continued to spur it on for days. Lets hope our next attempt will go more smoothly. We are thankful it's not an anaphylactic response and now we are stocked up on albuterol! The good thing is he is used to taking medicine and taking breathing treatments. He actually started asking for "smoke" since he gets to watch the computer when he's getting one. We'll try a different allergen in about a month. I pray it goes smoother, but I'm thankful that God continues to give me new ideas. I'm thankful Dalton loves rice, quinoa, and couscous. I'm thankful it's not worse and I will continue to pray God heals his ouchies and allergens.
I have become creative lately... the latest hit were "pizzas" made out of corn tortillas, sauce, pepperoni, and daiya cheese. I was so excited and he liked them! Sometimes I get really excited and then he won't even try it, like this chocolate pudding (which you must try! Vegan, gluten free). Our latest excitement is rice english muffins, he was quite excited to be getting bread! He loves carbs and being allergic to wheat is quite an inconvenience. I'm so much better than when I first started trying to find him food, but continue to try and experiment.
His skin is continuing to do better, but proving to get worse in summer. Heat is aggravating to eczema. I find Aquaphor works best now and Cerave moisturizing lotion works best in winter. Lather lather lather and repeat! I bore you with these details incase you or a friend need eczema suggestions. If God is going to give us certain things to battle and overcome, my greatest wish to help others in the same predicament. It's a blessing to be a blessing.
Jack has been taking drum lessons for the past three months and Dalton loves to bang on them. He's a natural:
![]() |
| Somehow I will get this cereal through this hole. |

No comments:
Post a Comment