I was the only one who finished the book at Book Club last night. So I discussed it with myself... no, we basically sat and drank wine, ate peach cobbler*, and talked about bad hair. This is pretty much what happens every time; about 4 people come, one or two have finished the book, and so we drink and eat. We are fine with this- occasional books are read and I make new friends.
I picked One Thousand White Women, about the Cheyenne Indians requesting to trade 1000 horses for 1000 white women with the U.S. Army authorities in 1854. So I put this up:

This has been up in my childhood home since I can remember and it scared the hebejebes out of me. (My great uncle painted it-I guess that's why it was up) I called my mom to bring it and ask no questions :). So now it's currently in my kitchen and I'm secretly still scared.
*I had my fellow book club-ers guess what odd ingredient was poured on top of the peach pie cobbler. This is not fat free and something you should only eat once in your life. I practically had to scrape the sugar off my teeth. It's peaches wrapped in crescent rolls, cinnamon butter sugar mixture poured over, and one more ingredient poured on top. Can you guess? I'll tell you in next post. Don't tell, Katie Cowan.
No comments:
Post a Comment