Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nursery

This ones for you, Lindz.
Here's a couple pictures of the nursery. I've had it ready for a couple of weeks, but wanted to post pictures when I had the crib bumper pad and skirt. Alas... I still don't have the bumper. It's become a pretty funny joke because my mom's been working on it and it's taking her, a while. I will vouch for her that she does work full time, hasn't ever made a bumper, and she doesn't always feel great, so that is why. Jack's mom finished the skirt, but I don't have it yet because my mom is holding it ransom, with the bumper :). Here are pics of the rest. 17 days!


Baby bump! 37 weeks.
I wasn't going to do animals doing human things wall, just scatter them occasionally through the room, but then Traci gave me this adorable fabric. Thus became the animals doing human things wall. Me likey. Cultured cow, chick doing yoga, and mouse/chipmunk? driving. Silly animals, you can't drive! Also, the dresser belonged to Jack's mom and she is letting us borrow it. I love it!

I made this quote on canvas-thanks to Mary. She put it on a pdf for me and Jack printed it off on one of those big architecture printers. You can also go to Kinkos. Just put in Word the size of your canvas print and decoupage onto the canvas. I've made a couple for friends and put scrapbook paper on the sides or you could paint it like I did here.


I hope to get my neighbor to make my roman shades and I'll have my ipod player, maybe a sweet pillow or something. I saw an ADORABLE mobile on etsy that I'm hoping my mother-in-law will attempt to make. Yes I sent her the link and she responded, "I think I can make that for you". I of course replied surprisingly, "Oh, I didn't mean for you to make it!". Actually I did.

2 comments:

Mary Jane said...

Yay!!!! Pictures finally!!! It looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the room, you, and Baby Barrett in person :)

lindz said...

What up nursery! I can't wait to hang out in you and hold your new occupant.

(I am sleep deprived and this comment makes no sense)