I guess I've begun what's called "nesting". I am trying to just organize and clean spaces that have seemed to get a little cluttered. But I tend to do this annually so I'm not sure if it really is nesting or just getting more organized. I dunno.
Jack painted the nursery yesterday and it looks wonderful. I picked Filtered Shade by Valspar, thanks to Melissa. I think it just might work. Now my mom is working on the bumper, skirt, and sheets. I also have bird cage addition, which I'm not supposed to know is a present from Mary, but I was there when she bought it. I think it is a nice touch. It hangs on the wall and you can clip photos or cards on it with clothes pins. I've seen the CUTEST mobiles on etsy... think stuffed clouds with hot air balloons and kites. I'm trying to talk my friend, Anna, super sewer and creator extraordinaire into making these and selling them.
Back to the original thought, so I cleaned out my "memories" stash. I seem to keep everything sentimental so I have pretty much every card anyone has ever given me. Notes from 6th grade of my boyfriend telling me "the reason I don't talk to you in public is because I'm shy. Don't think I don't like you because I do. I love you. Ps. Give me your phone number after school". Or a typed letter from Vertical Horizon telling me that they appreciate my letter asking them to play at my friend, Katy's, birthday party but here is a cool sticker.
I have a million from my mom, Mary, Mary Jane, Katy, Keesha, Kim, and Lindsey. Some are quite comical. I also have every card or note Jack has given me. It's so fun to go back through them and remember. I have saved my honorable mentions. Enjoy.
1988. I still remember.

Oh yeah, mix tapes.
My favorite movie and saved the stub, Dumb and Dumber. December 23rd, 1994 $6
I would put on these "Fun Weeks" in high school and college where themes would be incorporated. This one was tame, but fun all the same. Fun sock day, bake sale day, fun hair day, show and tell. I still remember I brought my miniature bottle of ketchup that I got the night I met Luke Perry.
I had so many funny letters from Katy. This is one of my favorites.
My friend, Jessamine, and I visited Jared and Luke, high school buds, at UT. They have this huge rock that gets painted and repainted. This was our message and it got put in the school paper. **See my name in the lower right corner
Awww. My baby arm band from when I was born.
I had four skating parties in college every year for my birthday. This one drawn by my roommate, Melanie. So awesome.
Nursery BEFORE... soon to have an after!
My birdcage find that Mary got me.
Notice the Filtered Shade color behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment