Here are a couple of belly shots, I really didn't start showing until about week 17 or 18 (by the way they are in reverse order due to stupid blogger). I really popped around week 22. It's so fun, I think the best part is feeling baby barrett move. It's especially sentential being pregnant around Christmas, for once I feel like I could relate to Mary (you know, Jesus' birth mother).
So I took a pregnancy test on July 19th... I remember because Lindsey and Sam were in town for her birthday and we had a super Luau Party for the Lindz. I had been feeling a little nausea but didn't want to jinks myself so I kept putting it off. That Monday I knew I had to take one because I was too nauseated. The funny thing is I didn't get one from work-a place where we give FREE pregnancy tests everyday. For some reason I felt bad for taking one, like I was stealing. But it's free, anyways... I get one from CVS, get home and it is not in the box. Are you kidding?! I hate taking things back and causing ruckus, so usually I would have not gone back, but I marched right over there and got a new one. Got home, took it and I could not believe my eyes. That moment felt forever. Jack got home and I didn't wrap the test this time (last time I wrapped the stick and gave it to him as a early anniversary present) but just said, "well, I'm pregnant." There's nothing better than sharing a moment like that with someone who gets it, gets everything you are feeling and you're in it together. That kiss was amazing.
Over the next several weeks God really protected me from anxiety over losing the pregnancy when I could have easily stressed out. At 9 weeks, we had an ultrasound-same time as last time, but this time we a had very different outcome. I can't tell you what that feeling is like to see a heartbeat and know that it is okay. Yes, tears were shed and I have to say I feel in love with little baby barrett the moment I saw it.
Pregnancy has been good overall-the first 17 weeks were rough. Lots of nausea, vomiting, and migraines! but I feel great now. I did have a little fun in telling my friends and family-from recorded cards, to baby mama t-shirts, to flying in for the weekend- it was so fun to finally share the news to those who have been praying so hard for us.
Mary Jane and I both at 17 weeks! We are due 2 days apart! I also saw her at 7 weeks and had just found out about her. I was dying to tell her but we hadn't told anyone yet. hehe. This is her third-first was twins. So excited for her and Jason!
I don't obey the rules, I went tubing and tried wake boarding for the first time while I was pregnant. I eat sushi (okay, cooked but in the vicinity of uncooked), Caesar salad, wine with dinner, and sandwich meat not heated-GASP!). So I don't like rules, but terrified of authority. That's not me above, but my co-workers-yeah, we had lake day for work.
This was at Yazoo with Mary and Akirbs. I think I was around 7 weeks maybe? so I would take a little taste and fill up Jack's glass. Hehehe, so sneaky.
No comments:
Post a Comment