Jack told me to plan it and we would go. We've actually been waiting to go with our friends, Kim and Mike, but time never works out, plus Mike doesn't want to go (due to football season, he has to constantly have a tv available and we planned to just not tell him and show up at a camping site).
I picked Nathan Bedford Forrest State Park (ah hem. I didn't know his link to KKK, otherwise I may have recalculated this decision. BUT Little Tay tay, my super smart history teacher friend, says he didn't start it). I picked it out of a Tennessee camping book b/c the guy said it had great sites and was beautiful. The sites were good, we got a great one but we and one more tent were the only ones there-everyone else were in campers! I guess that's the way to do it now. I was amazed how everyone was decked out in Halloween decorations. It looked as if they do this a lot or they were staying for a while.
We had a great time-hiking, seeing the "river people" museum, and roasting hot dogs, popcorn, and smores over the fire. We didn't get a lot of sleep on the hard ground, but it was still fun.
PS. If anyone can tell me why these weirdos had the camouflage skinny tall tent, it would be much appreciated. There is no way anyone could do anything but stand in it. Is it a changing tent? Potty place? I dunno.
No comments:
Post a Comment