Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nieces and Nephews









This summer Jack and I have gotten to see some of our nieces and nephews that we don't see as much. My brother came for about a week (he hasn't been here in about 2 or is it 3 years!) and Jack's brother's family came for a week, too.
My brother, Chad, who is three years older than me came with his two children, Rowan and Tavin. Chad and I are a little similar than my sister. We can both be quiet and introverts, but he is much more than I am (I know some of you are thinking I'm not an introvert, but I can definitely be!). He was always a home body and moved out to Colorado with his wife once they got married ten years ago. It was really great to have them here. Manda couldn't come because she was in school, bummer, but at least we saw some of them.
The week was full of food, pool time, and adventure science center. It was also fun to have them here because Rowan had recently sent her "flat Rowan" to stay with us, so it was exciting to see where flat Rowan stayed.
Chad has also really gotten into biking in the last year, so he, my dad, and I did about 15 miles in Franklin. I'm so impressed by him for biking because he bikes in Colorado, this is not whimpy Nashville with some hills.
Both Rowan and Tavin have bright blue eyes. Rowan is very creative and talkative. She definitely thinks outside the box and sticks to her guns. Tavin is very shy and gets his feelings hurt easily, very sweet.
Jack's brother, Brandon and wife, Liz, also came for about a week. Brandon is a pastor at a church in Williamsburg and Liz is now a stay-at-home mom, who is also a family practice Doctor. They have four children and one on the way. We had lots of pool time, dinners, and fourth of july fun on horses. Caroline is the oldest, she is always helping her mom and dad, very responsible and loves to draw. Henry has been called the "little Jack". They are similar in a lot of ways: clumsy, same body shape, love to eat, likes to be goofy, and has attention to detail. John Mac is next, who is just adorable. He is the fearless one and has such an excitement in his eyes all the time. Hannah is the youngest, she's about 8 months and Liz says she has been the most adventurous, stubborn one. She loves to keep seeking out new things and tries to keep up with everyone else.
Earlier in May, we also saw Jack's sister, Julie and her husband, Andy. They both came the weekend of the triathlon I did because Andy was in it, also. He is a freak. He's done an ironman and pretty much has a race EVERY weekend. He won first in his age group and 3rd overall. Sickening. Especially for me. Dori is their little girl. She also loves to draw and is starting to talk more and more. She always has the cutest pigtails, but I will forgive her for being a Bama fan, because it's not her fault :).
Our last two nieces and nephews (count em, 9! and one on the way!) live here in Nashville with us and that is why we don't have a story about how they came to town. But I need to highlight them if I am highlighting everyone else and let me just say, they are a hoot. They are my sister, Stephanie, and my brother-in-law, Matt's, children. If any of you know my sister and Matt, you know they are characters. This is directly reflected on Grace and Cooper. Grace loves loves animals and would rescue them all if she could. She is super talkative and has such a sweet heart. Cooper loves attention, dirt bikes, and is hilarious. Every time we go to their house, the whole neighborhood is there.
Jack and I are very blessed to have such a great family. Enjoy some pics.

No comments: