Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Birthday and Christmas













For the two people who follow this blog... I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. I've just needed to be away, but here's what happened in the last couple months... 30th birthday and Christmas. My birthday was brilliant. I had such a great time and my friends put up with my multiple birthday celebrations. As I always mention, it's not a self indulgent thing (well, I hope people don't think that!) I just love parties and to entertain! Any excuse to have people over. So on my birthday a few people went to PM, an asian fusion restaurant in Nashville, and ventured to Blue Bar to do a little dancing. At PM, my friend, Katy, surprised me by sending desserts to the table. It was so sweet and such a great surprise. Saturday morning I had breakfast with my family at Cracker Barrel (a family favorite). Saturday night I turned Jack's garage into a party house, where I had everyone dress as sitcom characters. I borrowed a screen projector and played Michael Jackson videos and later played Rock Band. Jack, bless his heart, always tries to help plan the whole thing, but I can't stay away. I have to decorate and give my two cents. I made pumpkin soup and my mom made chili. Jack did a lot and he made it really special. Here are a few pics. 1st prize for costumes went to Richard and Katie as Tim and Al from Home Improvement 2nd Charlie as Michael Scott (from the halloween episode).

For Christmas, Jack and I went to his parent's place in McMinnville and spent the week there. We had a fantastic, relaxing time. All the boys had a fuseball tournament to win a stereo system. (no, we didn't win) Jack's dad had gotten two helicopters and they were quite popular, which was kind of annoying because you had to be careful they wouldn't knock you in the head. It was so fun to see our five nieces and nephews, Caroline, Henry, john mac, hannah, and dori. Brandon and Liz, Jack's brother and sister-in-law, were telling us how much Henry reminded them of Jack. Brandon even kept calling him Jack on accident. Similarities:
1. physical touch-Henry loves to snuggle, Jack hugs everyone and physical touch is definitely one of his love languages.
2. clumsy -henry spilled something about 5 times while he was there, Jack has broken almost all of our wine glasses and tends to bump me on accident all the time. I think it has something to do with his lack of fine motor skills
3. loves stuff-Henry kept asking when he would open more presents or where his swords were, Jack wants a porshe and likes to buy stuff on a whim. Ex: rock band and guitar hero
4. squirrely- when I say squirrely, I mean always moving and having this little sneaky grin on his face.
5. likes to eat-nuff said.
The week was fabulous. Lots of eating, playing, and relaxing. The day after Christmas we spent the day with my family, which was weird because it was the first time I had never been without them on Christmas. We had breakfast and then went out to Shaddy Grove to my Aunt Judy's farm house. It was such a great, relaxing holiday.

1 comment:

lindz said...

Love the new look of the blog! I did a double take cause I thought I'd come to the wrong place!
You will have to catalogue some of your vegan thoughts and fav. recpies v. flops.
I know I've been out of the blog loop recently, but I'd love to read about it.
Love you!