Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Me want food!



Here is my shopping trip for this week. I think I did a really good job, I only spent 44$ and saved 21$. I did several "stock piling" by buying meat that was on sale at Kroger. I think I am getting better at this! I got great deals on ground turkey, family pack of ground chuck, and roast. My meal plan this week: Sunday-Burritos, Monday-Mahi mahi, quinoa, and veggies, Tuesday- roast and carrots, Wednesday-NFG (off night), Thursday- Stuffed Potatoes with left over roast, Friday-Lasagna or quesadillas, Saturday-Carrabas (using gift card!). By planning meals ahead and using left overs really helps save time and money. I am trying to freeze more stuff, I'm just not used to doing this. I am dividing up the meat into servings in ziploc freezer bags, making sure I put a date when I put it in and when it expires. Next time there is a good sale on strawberries, I plan to freeze them as well. I can use those for strawberry bread, smoothies, etc. I'm going to try freezing carrots, we will see how it goes.
I was trying to keep some fresh herbs I had left over from cooking this weekend and I found a tip online. It said to cut the ends off the herbs, place in a container with water, then place a clear bag over them. Make sure to leave the bag open. I took a picture to see how long they last.

1 comment:

lindz said...

You've inspired me! I really need to do better about planning the weeks out.