Friday, May 22, 2009

Finales and more finales!

So this week the American Idol and DWTS finales were on, so it was a pretty exciting week. Much to my enjoyment, Shawn won DWTS with shock all over her face. She is so cute and I've been rooting for her the whole time. Yes, that show drives me crazy with the slutty costumes, slowly stretching the show with useless information, the worst interviewer in the world, and the husband-stealer, Edeta, but somehow I have to watch. I used to watch with my DVR, but now that we got rid of it, I either watch while doing something else or watch on youtube. If I have my DVR, I can fast-forward through the horrible people, if not, I cringe and put my fingers over my eyes. I'm just glad Gilles didn't win. I'm not sure why I didn't like him, maybe it was the close-up butt shots or the women swooning over him (come on, he's not that hot. Kind of icky!). I guess I also hold a grudge against him in Sex in the City. Gross. 
American Idol also came to an end this week and it was a great finale show. I was in between Adam and Kris, yes Adam was an amazing performer, but when he hit those high notes, it kind of freaked me out. I liked Kris because I would buy his album out of the two (I already have downloaded one of his songs). I also liked Gokey and Matt, but they both got the ax. The finale was full of excitement and jack and I would try to guess each famous singer to come out next. I really like the Keith/Kris song, Cyndi Lauper/Allison, and Nick/Norman. Every time I see that clip of Norman Gentle saying "Seacrest!", I die laughing. The bikini girl, of course, was disgusting and disturbing when Ryan said "he knew what was new" but Kara coming out was great. For a hysterical blog on the whole thing, check out this link-
Two other exciting things happened this week-all for a VERY exciting week-I found an internship and the Bachelorette premiered. Now I know you might have thought I'd say my levels, while they were lower-16!!, they weren't zero. I have been super stressed about finding an internship (towards my license, I know you are thinking, "didn't she graduate?"). I kind of put it off because of everything going on-this whole pregnancy/non-pregnancy thing, treatments, new clients, graduation, studying, etc. and now I'm not finding a lot of options. BUT, God provided for me on Wednesday with an internship at Hope Clinic for Women, which is where I volunteer, too. I'll be counseling unplanned pregnancies/postpartum depression/women's issues/couples, etc., starting in August.
As I mentioned earlier, the Bachelorette. Pretty much a stupid show, but I like it. I marvel at these women who have the worst self-esteem issues, but this one, she is a good one. Jillian is confident and cute, I think it will be a good one if she gets rid of foot boy. Again, a great blog about this show is on Entertainment Weekly's website (my all source for entertainment!) and Chris Harrison blogs on there as well. Check it out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BURG! 16!? I'm so excited! Also, congrats on finding an internship - what a great location for you!! I can't wait to hear more about it. LOVE YOU. We gotta catch up soon.