Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Opening Ceremonies 2008

I just love the Olympics. I think it's all of the heart-warming stories and victories. The patriotic pride. Yes, this is all so mushy, but it's true. I've been caught up in Michael Phelps 8 medals, but come on, can you show the other guys on the podium during the ceremony?! I love the gymnastics... seeing Nastia win the gold all-around with her dad standing by and shawn winning the balance beam and her parents bawling. I just wish Alicia could have won in the vault and somehow the Chinese gymnast's would expose their real age. ah, you gotta love it.
Something else I love? Dress up parties. Our latest was the Opening Ceremonies, favorite Olympic event (although some dressed as objects related). I was equestrian and Jack, waterboy on the basketball team. Some others: a gold medal (good job, Marisa! you were jipped), swimmers, cyclist, kayakers, soccer players and a confused fan. But the winners were: 
Gold-the torch
Silver-Shooting Bronze-
Smog (mad props for creativity!). 
It was such a fun time and even ended on a high note with some Rock band. I'm ready for the next party!

1 comment:

marisa said...

i WAS jipped! :) i love dress up parties AND i love fun food AND i love rock band. can't wait for the next time!!