Wednesday, August 6, 2008

albertine


A sweet song about Rwanda, but if I put in "Uganda" it also works. I love the chorus of this song and moves me to tears thinking "now that I have seen, I am responsible. Faith without deeds is dead. Now that I have held you, I cannot let go till you are." Brooke Fraser wrote it from her experience in Rwanda, where thousands have been killed by genocide. 
I relate to this song because I think of my sweet friends in Uganda and Sudan. One man I met, Tito, who is the Regional Director over Sudan for African Leadership, shared with us his story. The sweetest man you will ever meet and hilarious. He told us of how he was born surrounded in war, living around war, and probably will die in war. How God redeemed his life and has blessed him with a wife and two children. His story struck me and now that I have seen and heard, his story and all the others must be heard. 
Check out Brooke's song-

1 comment:

marisa said...

i blogged about this song, too!! I LOVE IT!! :)